SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG:
OUR MOST RECENT POSTS
- A Conversation with author Deborah Shouse
- A conversation with LOVE IN THE LAND OF DEMENTIA author Deborah Shouse
- Is Online Video Gaming a Haven for the Insecure?
- Celebrities and mental illness: Why having it all isn’t everything
- Would You Rather Be Right or Would You Rather Be Happy?
- Writing from the front lines of alcoholism
- Do You Want to Understand the Mysteries of the Unconscious?
- Shoes for Walking in These Woods
- Exploring the Creativity of Limitation: New Ways to Tell the Same Truth
- Disorderly Eating
- Nobody is Perfect
- DARK WINE WATERS reviewed in The Library Journal
- Are You Socially Anxious?
- What’s My Book About?
- A Recovery Quilt
- Addiction & Recovery
- Addiction News
- Author News
- Child Obesity
- Chronic Pain
- Debbie Danowski
- Eating Disorder Recovery
- Emotional Eating
- Emotional Eating in Children
- Family & Addiction
- Mental Health
- Pain Recovery
- Personal Development
- Prescription Drug Abuse
- Prescription Medicine
- Sex & Addiction
Tag Archives: Yoga and recovery
Incorporating the principles of the program of recovery and those of the 8 limbs of Yoga seems straightforward enough. “Don’t drink, go to meetings, work the steps and help others”. Check. Keep ethical practices and stay close to your higher … Continue reading
The Y12SR and Sunday night yoga classes have new students nearly every week. I enjoy watching them as they step timidly on the mat, not knowing what to expect. At the end of each class I frequently hear “I didn’t … Continue reading