Addiction passes through families from one generation to the next. Family
Strategies provides a wealth of information and guidance proven to be effective with families
challenged by addiction—whether to alcohol or other drugs, gambling, food, sex, etc. Through
authoritative direction and reproducible handouts, professionals are given the structure and
resources to help the families they work with successfully transition to recovery.
- Provides strategies proven to be effective in family settings when addiction is either still
active or the addicted person is in early recovery—regardless of the form of addiction.
- Provides comprehensive didactic information to assist professionals working with the clinical materials.
- Presents a broad range of therapeutically powerful exercises to use with families challenged by addiction.
- Written in a solution-oriented and strengths-based style that provides clear step-by-step direction to guide families through each exercise.
- Comes with a multitude of handouts in the form of written exercises, checklists, sentence stems, structured dialogues, and art activities—all designed to be reproduced and used without restriction.